This year, Tjeu Duifhuizen conducted a research for us, to see how we can reduce methane exhaust in the dairy sector. From the calculation, it can be concluded that a methane reduction of 32,78% can be realized, by going from 2,5 to 5 lacations and from 27 to 23 months for first calving age. In the Netherlands, where the average lacatation is already 3,4 there can be a reduction of 28,23% If a reduction of 32,78% worldwide can be realized in dairy farming, it means an reduction of 3,5% of the total methane emissions in the world.
Let's go for sustainability together. Going from 2,5 to 5 lactations is possible, you just have to pay attention to all cow signals. Take care of all the basic needs and your cows will live a longer life with a higher production. Watch the video on top of this page for inspiration. Going from 27 to 23 months first calving age is also possible, by doing everyhting right in calf rearing. We can teach you that in YoungStock Signals.
You can help us reach our goal!
Become a CowSignals Advisor or Trainer and help us spread the knowledge
- Do our videolearning to become Advisor or Trainer
- Join is in an open CowSignals Master course
- Are you already a CowSignals advisor or trainer? Add YoungStock Signals to your list of specializations
Practise CowSignals and YoungStock Signals on you farm
- Do CowSignals video learning and YoungStock Signals video learning
- Join our day trainings CowSignals and YoungStock Signals
- Invite an advisor or trainer from your area